The West Shore is open for the summer with both dining and lodging available.
WEST SHORE SAFETY MEASURES
The health and safety of our guests and employees remains our priority. As our operations resume, they will include new policies and guidelines that align with recommendations from local, regional and national health officials. We will continue to monitor agency recommendations for best practices and adjust our operating procedures accordingly.
We ask that our guests respect the seriousness of this situation and strictly adhere to these guidelines so that we may all continue to enjoy spending time at our properties and at Lake Tahoe. We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we adapt to these new circumstances together.
When visiting North Lake Tahoe
Before embarking on adventures to North Lake Tahoe, check out information relating to visitation during the COVID-19 pandemic and how to travel to the region safely and responsibly. You’ll find a detailed Know Before You Go Informational Guide including California and Nevada resource links, frequently asked questions, COVID-19 friendly activity suggestions and more.
OutDoor Dining GUESTS
- Reservations only, no walk-ins. All guests who wish to dine-in must have a reservation.
- All guests will be required to enter a credit card to make a reservation. General restaurant reservations that are canceled within 48hr will incur a $25 per person cancellation fee, pier reservations will incur a 50% per person fee.
- At this time we are only offering outdoor dining and seating is limited. All reservations must be made online and reservations will be available on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Your entire party must be present to be seated (this is a county mandated policy). If you are still waiting for a member of your party to arrive, you will be instructed to wait in your car until you are ready – no congregating.
- Tables are limited to groups of the same household or parties that request to be seated together. Once you are seated, you do not have to remain 6 feet apart.
- We have reconfigured our tables to allow for proper social distancing of 6 feet. Please note that your party will be seated outside based on this new social distancing layout.
- Tables will not be preset. When you are seated our team will bring your table sets to your table, including but not limited to, napkins, silverware, water and so on.
- Touchless payment options will be available for dine-in guests. Cash payments will not be accepted at this time.
- Servers, wait staff, and front desk staff are required to wear face masks at all times. Gloves will be worn when handling dirty dishes and disposed of immediately. Employees have been trained to wash hands immediately after disposing of gloves. Hands must also be washed/sanitized between tables and before running food.
- Bar seating is not permitted at this time.
- Placing Orders
- All takeout orders must be made online; orders cannot be placed on-site. Please do not call and leave voice messages with your orders, we will not receive them.
- A limited cocktail menu and wine menu will be available for takeout orders. Desserts are not offered at this time.
- Expect at least 30 minutes for your takeout order to be prepared.
- After placing your order, you will receive an estimated pick-up time.
- Orders must be picked up curbside. Upon arrival please do not get out of your vehicle. Please follow onsite signage directing you to our “Welcoming Area”.
- Our Welcoming Area host will deliver your food directly to your vehicle.
- If you are picking up via boat please indicate that on your order.
Our inn is open for the summer season! For the safety and health of our guests and employees, we have defined new policies and procedures, below. We ask that you please review them before your visit.
- Pre-Arrival letters sent to all lodging guests
- Information regarding heightened procedures at the property
- Registration card
- West Shore Café & Inn standard policies
- Curbside Check-in
- All guests are encouraged to utilize our newly implemented curbside check–in process to minimize contact.
- Upon arrival at the West Shore guests should remain in their vehicles and call 530-525-5200 x2.
- After calling, our front desk team will deliver room keys to the guest by meeting them at their vehicle, curbside.
- All room keys disinfected prior to check-in.
- Guests are encouraged to call the front desk to check–out to minimize contact.
- Keys can be left in the guest room upon check–out
- All departure and billing paperwork will be emailed 24 hours after departure.
- Eary Check In’s
- Early Check In’s will be permitted on a day of basis and will be case by case.
- Our Housekeeping Team will need sufficient time to ensure proper disinfecting and cleaning has taken place.
Room Service Options
- Take Out, Room Service and Dine-In Options. The restaurant’s full dining schedule can be found at WestShoreCafe.com. Reservations are required for all guests.
- In Room Breakfast Options are available between the hours of 7am and 10am
- Our self-serve coffee station has been removed. Complimentary coffee can be provided upon request during the hours of 7-11am.
- Turndown Service by request only. For requested turndown service during a guest stay, guests must vacate the room before West Shore Café staff enter.
Room cleaning procedures
- Use of high-temperature wash for all linens, bed sheets, towels and bathrobes following CDC guidelines
- Additional in-room disinfecting procedures implemented:
- Disinfecting all sitting areas, leather, and wood surfaces for 45 seconds
- Disinfecting all high touch areas including light switches, door handles, throw pillows and window handles, remote controls and refrigerators.
- Additional pillows and blankets will be available upon request.
- Shared guest equipment will be cleaned and sanitized between each use.
- All in-room compendiums have been moved to a digital platform.
- Only one housekeeper permitted in each room at a time
- Thorough and frequent cleaning of high traffic areas including hallways and elevator.
- New HVAC System installed, complete with HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) filters, in the property to provide enhanced ventilation and airflow.
- Hotel room carpeting replaced with hard wood floors to minimize the potential for contaminated fabric.
- Physical barrier installed at front desk to separate guests and employees.
- Hand sanitizing stations installed outside of Guest Elevator and Guest Stairwell.
- Doors to remain open as much as possible for increased ventilation, including but not limited to front door, stairway doors and dining backdoor.
- Only one guest/party permitted in elevator at one time.
- Elevator buttons/controls disinfected after every use.
- Guests encouraged to use stairwells.
PROPERTY VISITS / SITE VISITS
- Property visits and site visits are not being conducted at this time
- Only dining reservations and guests who are picking up takeout orders will be allowed onsite
WEST SHORE SAFETY MEASURES
You are required to:
- Stay home if you are not feeling well or experiencing symptoms including but not limited to coughing, fever, shortness of breath, gastrointestinal symptoms; or if you have been in contact with someone who has been either diagnosed with COVID-19 or has been asked to self-quarantine by a public health official (whether or not you feel unwell or are experiencing symptoms).
- Maintain a minimum of 6 feet distance from those not in your immediate household at all times
- Wear a facemask when on property and not seated at a table.
Our employees are required to:
- Participate in COVID-19 safety and sanitation training
- Adhere to our comprehensive cleanliness standards and continue to use cleaning products approved for use by the EPA and proven to be effective against viruses
- Wear a facemask
- Maintain a minimum of 6 feet distance from others at all times
- Stay at home if ill or not feeling well
Other safety measures being implementing resort-wide:
- Contactless payment options will be implemented when possible including paying online or over the phone.
- When contactless pay is not possible, employees will sanitize payment options (card readers, Square tablets, pens) between every customer.
- Employees will wear gloves when applicable. Gloves are to be disposed of between customers.
- Employees will wash or sanitize hands between customers.
- The number of people allowed on our properties will be limited at any given time to ensure that physical distancing can be maintained. Guests should plan to visit in groups of 10 people or fewer.
- When parking on our properties, guests should provide extra space between parked cars by parking in marked parking spaces or as directed by a parking attendant
- Cleaning and sanitizing procedures have been increased in frequency in all high-contact places including bathrooms, entrances and exits, door handles, tables and seating areas
- Hand sanitizer will be available at all payment and check-in locations
- Only one group at a time will be permitted inside resort offices and/or 6’ or more between groups in line at outdoor kiosks
- Where possible plastic barriers have been installed between guests and employees