SIGN UP NOW
Sweepstakes Name: West Shore Cafe $200 Gift Certificate Giveaway – Events Survey
Participating Sponsor(s): West Shore Cafe and Inn (the “Sponsor”)
Resort Address: 5160 West Lake Blvd. Homewood, CA 96141
Resort Telephone: 530-525-5200
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
This Sweepstakes is Limited to residents of the U.S. excluding residents of Rhode Island, Florida and New York; employees, immediate family members and affiliates of all partner organizations are excluded. Void where prohibited by law. Must by 18+ to enter .The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Odds of becoming a potential winner depend on the number of eligible entries received.
West Shore Cafe and Inn its subsidiaries, affiliated companies, will conduct the Sweepstakes substantially as described in these official Sweepstakes rules. “Sweepstakes Entities” shall be collectively be referred to herein to mean any party or entity associated in any way with the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to Company, Sponsor, the Sweepstakes’ sponsoring organizations, any third party prize provider(s) and/or prize fulfillment service, and each of the foregoing’s respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, and each of their employees, talent, artists, volunteers, agents, shareholders, and contractors.
By participating, each entrant (and if eligible minors, their parents/legal guardians) agrees as follows:
The Sweepstakes is administered by the Company. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Sweepstakes must be directed to the Company
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with SurveyMonkey, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to the Company and not to SurveyMonkey, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
1. DESCRIPTION OF SWEEPSTAKES/PARTICIPATION.
Dates of Sweepstakes: The Sweepstakes will begin on 7/22/17 10:01 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) and end at 11:59 PM PT on 9/30/17 (“Sweepstakes Period”). Registration to submit an online entry will begin on 7/22/17 10:01 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) and end at 11:59 PM PT on 9/30/17 (“Entry Period”). The Entry Method will determine the Entry Period in which entrants can submit a Sweepstakes entry into the Drawing as follows:
How to Enter:
Entrants visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/8V8Y859 and complete the online entry form with your email. Limit one (1) entry per adult, 18+ years or older Multiple requests received from any person or e-mail address in excess of the above stated limitation will be void. Entries received from any person or e-mail address in excess of the above stated limitation will be void. Entries generated by any means which subvert the entry process will be void. Entries must contain all information requested and comply with all Content submission requirements set forth herein to be valid.
Entries are subject to any applicable restrictions or requirements listed herein. The Company is not responsible for entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties and other technological problems. The Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for lost, late, undeliverable, illegible, damaged, stolen, garbled, delayed, misdirected, mutilated, or incomplete entries or communications, regardless of cause. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Should multiple users of the same e-mail account or mobile phone number, as applicable, enter the Sweepstakes and a dispute thereafter arise regarding the identity of the entrant, the authorized account holder of said e-mail account or mobile phone account at the time of entry will be considered the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address or mobile phone number by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, telephone service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses, phone numbers or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of submission or receipt by the Company for online entries. When applicable, the Company’s computer will be deemed the official time keeping device for the Sweepstakes. Entries will be disqualified if found to be incomplete and/or if prohibited multiple entries are determined. Incomplete or entries in excess of the above stated limit will be declared ineligible. All entries become the property of Company and will not be receipt acknowledged or returned. Company’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
2. RANDOM DRAWING/WINNER SELECTION: On or about 10/9/17 10:01, the Company will randomly select One (1) winners from among all eligible entries collectively received during the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received.
By participating, you agree (a) to be bound by these Official Rules; (b) as between you and the Company, that the decisions of the Company is final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes; (c) you are not participating on behalf of any employer or third party; (d) in the event that you do not comply with these rules, that you will be disqualified and your prize (if any) will be forfeited; and (e) (when applicable) the potential winner and/or finalist must be available to participate in any portion to the Sweepstakes that participation may be required to be considered eligible.
Potential winner(s) is subject to verification, including verification of eligibility, including verification of ski/snowboarding skill level. If an entrant is unable to verify his/her information, the entrant will automatically be disqualified and their prize, if any, will be forfeited. The Company reserves at its sole discretion the right to not award the prize or to determine an alternate winner or finalist (if applicable) in accordance with the official rules in the event that that any winner or finalist has been disqualified, cannot be contacted, or is deemed ineligible for any reason, or is not available to participate in any applicable Sweepstakes events.
The potential winner(s) will be notified by phone at the phone number provided during registration. On 10/9/17, THE COMPANY WILL EMAIL THE POTENTIAL WINNER at 11:00AM (OR ABOUT THAT TIME). IF POTIENTAL WINNER DOES NOT ANSWER THE EMAIL WITHIN (24) TWENTY-FOUR HOURS TO THE COMPANY AT 530-525-5200 OR LNIGON@WESTSHORECAFE.COM THEY WILL BE DISQUALIFIED AND COMPANY WILL RANDOMLY SELECT THE NEXT POTENTIAL WINNER, WHO WILL ALSO BE NOTIFIED IN THE SAME METHOD ON THE SAME DAY. Notification is deemed to have occurred immediately upon sending an email. The Company is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address, and/or telephone number of entrants. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a finalist and/or potential winners, or (if the finalist or potential winner is a minor) for late, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts of the entrant to provide signed parental or guardian consent. If the potential winner does not claim the prize within the appropriate time given upon, the entrant will automatically be disqualified and their prize will be forfeited.
As a condition of participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree and acknowledge that in order to receive a prize and be deemed a winner, entrants must sign an official waiver form provided by the Company and agree to the terms herein, including but not limited to the prize conditions. If eligible entrants include minors, a parent or guardian of such eligible minor must sign a release on behalf of the minor to be eligible to receive a prize, but the Company reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to or on behalf of any minor. The potential prize winner and, if a potential prize winner who is an eligible minor in his/her state of residence, the potential prize winner’s parent or guardian, may (in Company’s sole discretion) be required to sign and return a declaration of eligibility and any other form necessary to verify eligibility, along with the required releases within twenty four (24) hours after the first (1st) delivery attempt to entrants e-mail address in order for the potential prize winner to be qualified for the prize, unless otherwise stated herein or at the time of notification. The potential prize winner’s failure to return all required forms within this time period may result in the potential winner being disqualified and an alternate winner may be randomly selected from among all remaining eligible entries, as determined by Sponsor in its sole and discretion. Entrants must be 18 years or older to enter. It is strictly prohibited for anyone who does not meet the age requirement at the time of entry to be allowed to participate in the Sweepstakes and no situation shall anyone under the age of eighteen (18) be permitted to enter the Sweepstakes at any time, under any circumstances.
3. PRIZE(S). No more than the advertised number of prizes shall be awarded. The prize is subject to certain terms and conditions as specified herein. A prize may not be sold, traded, or commissioned, and is not exchangeable, transferable, substitutable, or redeemable for cash except in Company’s sole discretion. Prize details and availability are subject to change. Company is not the supplier or guarantor of any prize, unless otherwise specified. Prizing may be fulfilled by a third party fulfillment company. The prize will only be awarded if properly claimed according to the Rules. All costs and expenses related to the prize acceptance, the prize, and/or prize use not specified herein as being provided are the sole responsibility of winner(s). The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are:
One (1) Grand Prize –
· Winner will receive a West Shore Cafe and Inn Gift Certificate valued at $200 valid during through 9/30/2018. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $200
Prizes provided by: West Shore Cafe and Inn
ENTRANT AGREES NEVER TO SUE AND TO RELEASE FROM LIABILITY West Shore Cafe and Inn, WSC Marina LLC, Homewood Village Resorts, LLC, Homewood Village Resorts II, LLC, Homewood Operations Management, LLC, the United States Of America, Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, and their owners, investors, members, managers, officers, directors, managing agents, employees, agents, volunteers, course designers, landowners, subsidiaries and all affiliated companies (herein collectively referred to as “Company”) for any damage, injury or death to me arising from my participation in the activities and my use of the facilities regardless of cause, including the alleged NEGLIGENCE of Homewood. I understand this document is intended to provide a comprehensive release of liability to the fullest extent allowed under California law.
Prior to tour, prize winner and guest must each complete a RELEASE FROM LIABILITY which will prevent them or their heirs from filing suit or making any claim for damages in the event of injury or death to me. Additionally, in the event that the entrant, their child, the user, or legal representative asserts a claim or files a lawsuit arising out of the activities or the use of the facilities, ENTRANT AGREES TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS West Shore Cafe and Inn, for any damages, attorney’s fees or costs arising out of such a claim or lawsuit. With the aforesaid fully understood, Entrant nevertheless enter into this agreement freely and voluntarily and agree that it is binding upon me, my child, the user, my heirs, assigns and legal representatives. Entrant understand and agree that this agreement will be interpreted under California law and agree that any action will be filed in Placer County, California. I understand that this agreement is severable. If any clause is found to be invalid the balance of the contract will remain in effect, valid, and enforceable. Entrant understand and agree that this Release of Liability and Indemnity Agreement is RENEWED EACH TIME ENTRANT USE THE FACILITIES AT WEST SHORE CAFE.
Entrant also hereby authorizes the use and reproduction of their image and/or likeness by West Shore Cafe and Inn and its authorized representatives, without compensation or restriction, and that any images or video will remain the exclusive property of West Shore Cafe and Inn. If entrant is a PHOTOGRAPHER, the entrant understands that images they take at West Shore Cafe and Inn may be used by West Shore Cafe and Inn at any time.
The Company shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, venue operators, transportation companies, prize providers or any other persons providing any prize-related services or accommodations. Additional prize award details and travel information to be provided to the prizewinner at the time of notification. Winner and guest will be required to complete and return the applicable forms and releases. Winner must sign a prize acceptance form, provide the information for their travel guest which must be at least of the legal age of majority in their state, , an affidavit or verification of eligibility, and a liability/publicity release (where permitted) signed by both the winner and travel guest. Prizewinner(s) and guests hereby acknowledge that the Company has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner in its sole discretion. Unclaimed prize(s) will not be awarded. Certain travel restrictions and blackout dates may apply. Any and all ground transportation, meals, incidentals, gratuities, phone calls, luggage fees, travel insurance and applicable taxes (including, but not limited to all local, state and federal taxes) and any and all other expenses not specifically mentioned herein are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. If, for any reason, any part of the trip package is canceled or shall become unavailable, postponed or canceled, the Company shall have no further responsibility for that portion of the prize and the prize will be awarded without the inclusion of the item on the same itinerary. Any provided tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions specified thereon, are as solely determined by sponsor. The Company is not responsible for any travel delays or difficulty. If travel delays, cancellations or difficulty prevent arrival in time for any and all elements of trip, the Company is not responsible for awarding any compensation in lieu thereof. Any changes to completed travel arrangements, once booked, are the sole responsibility of the winner, and are solely at the winner’s expense. All prizes or prize vouchers must be redeemed as stated in the prize notification or otherwise stated in the Official Rules. Failure to collect or properly claim any prize in accordance with these rules will result in forfeiture of the prize. If forfeited for any reason, winner will not receive any other prize substitution or compensation, and the prize will remain the property of the Company and/or Sponsor and will not be awarded, except as provided herein. Winner agrees to accept all blackout dates, space availability requirements, etc. established by the Company’s prize partner(s), such as hotels, airlines, trains, ships, concert or event venues etc. Winner and guest must comply with all applicable laws, and any rules and regulations established by the Company’s prize partner(s), if any; such as hotels, airlines, trains, ships, concert or event venues etc. Winner agrees that acceptance of any trip taken as a prize is done so entirely upon their own initiative, risk, and responsibility. BY ACCEPTING PRIZE, WINNERS ACCEPT THE INHERENTLY DANGEROUS NATURE AND RISK IN ANY TRAVEL OR TRANSPORTATION, INCLUDING BOATING, SUCH RISK INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH, ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER PARTICIPATION IN THE PRIZE EVENT IS VOLUNTARY, ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THERE ARE NATURAL FACTORS AND OCCURRENCES WHICH MAY IMPACT ON OR AFFECT THE SAFETY OF THE ACTIVITIES HE/SHE IS PARTICIPATING IN AND HE/SHE ASSUMES THE RISK OF SUCH FACTORS AND OCCURRENCES AND AGREES THAT THE COMPANY AND RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY RESULTING INJURY AND/OR DEATH.
Conditions and restrictions may apply. Limit: One (1) prize per person/household for this Sweepstakes. Winner(s) and winner’s household members cannot have won a prize through any Company promotion in the thirty (30) days prior to this Sweepstakes start date. ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND THE COMPANY DOES NOT MAKE (AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR) ANY REPRESENTATIONS, GUARANTEES, OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATING TO ANY PRIZE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED.
The Company, Sponsor, its employees and agents, the Sweepstakes Entities, prize provider(s), sponsor(s), any applicable third party fulfillment service and each of their respective employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for: (1) mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes; (2) any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Sweepstakes; (3) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (4) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (5) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or operation of the Sweepstakes; or (5) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries.
The Company further reserves the right to: (i) cancel, terminate, suspend, declare null or void, amend, alter, or modify the Sweepstakes, void any suspicious entries, rescind any prize, and/or determine absolute resolution, and/or an alternate method of conducting the Sweepstakes and/or awarding the prize(s) at any time, for any reason, or if, in the sole discretion of the Company, it is impossible or impractical to complete or conduct the Sweepstakes as planned for any reason, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures of any sort, programming associated with or used in the Sweepstakes, by any human error which may occur in the execution of this Sweepstakes, or any other causes which effect the operation of the Sweepstakes or the rules of the integrity of the Sweepstakes have been violated or compromised in any way, intentionally or unintentionally by any person whether or not a entrant in the Sweepstakes and/or (ii) stop or conclude the Sweepstakes at any time without prior notice. Material changes to the Sweepstakes rules will be broadcast on-air, when practical. In the event of termination of the Sweepstakes by Company, Company reserves the right to award any prize(s) in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Company.
6. CONSUMER CREATED CONTENT REQUIREMENTS.
If applicable, as used herein, “Content” includes and refers to all information, content, and material submitted by you in connection with the Sweepstakes (including, but not limited to writings, photographs, essays, images, hashtags, descriptions, and tags).
By submitting your Content, you warrant and represent that such Content: (a) is your original work, (b) has not been previously published, (c) has not won previous awards, (d) has not been copied from other, (e) does not infringe upon the rights of any person or entity (including such individual’s and/or entity’s copyrights, trademarks rights, rights of privacy or publicity or any other intellectual property), (f) that you have obtained permission from a person whose name, likeness or voice is used in the Content, and (g) and that publication of the Content via various media including Web posting, will not infringe on the rights of any third party rights. Any such entrant will indemnify and hold harmless, Released Parties from any claims to the contrary. Any entrant whose Content includes likenesses of third parties or contains elements not owned by the entrant (such as, but not limited to, depictions of persons, buildings, trademarks or logos) must be able to provide legal releases for such use including Company’s use of such Content, in a form satisfactory to Company, upon request, prior to award of prize and/or naming of entrant as a winner. The Content submitted shall be 100% owned and controlled by the entrant. The Content shall be free and clear of any claims by any person whose writings, quotes, or ideas are embodied in the Content, or any person rendering services in connection with the Content. The Content shall not contain any materials owned or controlled by a third party for which you have not obtained a license. The Company reserves the right to remove or void any Content that it deems to be in violation of these Official Rules, in its sole and absolute discretion.
By submitting Content you agree that your Content disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited, and made without restriction, will not place the Company or Sweepstakes Entities under any fiduciary or other obligation, that the Company is free to use and otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the Content on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your Content, the Company and the Company Entities do not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Company or Company Entities, or developed by their employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
BY SUBMITTING ANY CONTENT, ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER CONTENT MAY BE POSTED ON COMPANY’S WEBSITE, OR ELSEWHERE ON THE INTERNET AS AUTHORIZED BY COMPANY, IN COMPANY’S DISCRETION. In consideration for your participation in this Sweepstakes and for the opportunity to win a prize hereunder, you hereby grant the Company, the Sweepstakes Entities, and another authorized on their behalf, an unlimited, perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, non-restrictive, royalty-free, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, distribute, publically perform, transmit, have distributed, prepare derivative works of, and promote such Content in any form, in all media now known or hereinafter created, anywhere in the world, for any purpose and without consideration to the entrant.
All Content submitted must confirm to the additional submission requirements set forth as follows to be eligible:
· Content must comply with these Official Rules and any Terms of Service on the Company website;
· Content must be uploaded/submitted in the format specified and must comply with the posting requirements set forth above and as posted on the Company website;
· The Content must be Federal Communications Commission acceptable, including no use of indecent or obscene material or language;
· Content cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity;
· Content cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, or firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), and cannot promote or portray any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
· Content cannot be offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group;
· Content cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging, libelous, or misleading remarks, comments, or material about the Company, the Station, either of their respective products and/or services, or about any other people, products or companies;
· Content cannot infringe on or violate any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity, or other intellectual property, proprietary, or contractual right of a third party and cannot contain any personal identification such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses, other than entrant’s;
· Content cannot contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission;
· Content cannot contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media) without permission (Company does not permit the infringement of others’ rights and any use of materials not original to the entrant, except copyrighted materials owned by Company, is grounds for disqualification from the Sweepstakes Therefore, do not copy your favorite movie, book or photo or include materials, images, graphics, music or trademarks belonging to any third parties or incorporate the names, voices, likeness or personas of any party other than yourself unless you have obtained all rights necessary to permit you to use same in connection with your content and grant the rights herein granted to Company);
· Content shall not include any background artwork, unless it is an original work of the entrant (any artwork, murals, etc. that can be seen in the Content must be created solely by the entrant or entrant must be the sole owner of all copyright interests therein);
· The Content cannot be abusive or harassing towards any individual or group of individuals regarding race, sex, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or any legally protected classification (which includes, but is not limited to, epithets or slurs, threats, intimidations, or hostile acts);Content cannot contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission;
· Content cannot communicate any messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Company wishes to associate;
· Content cannot depict, and cannot itself be in. violation of any law; and
· The Content must be socially acceptable and in good taste, as determined by the Company in the Company’s sole discretion.
ALL DECISIONS REGARDING THE APPROPRIATENESS OF THE MATERIALS CONTAINED IN THE CONTENT SHALL BE AT THE SOLE DISCRETION OF THE COMPANY. The Company reserves the right to reject any Content, in its sole discretion, based on the terms set forth herein as well as current broadcast standards and other programming and operating practices and policies established by the Company and/or Station for airing advertising. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Company does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants. Company reserves the right to waive the Sweepstakes Content requirements set forth herein in its reasonable discretion. Company reserves the right, in its reasonable discretion, during or upon completion of the Sweepstakes Period, to request that any entrant resubmit his or her Content which fails to comply with the Content requirements prior to any judging or voting period. CONSUMER CREATED CONTENT POSTED TO THE WEBSITE WAS NOT EDITED BY COMPANY AND IS THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DOES NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF COMPANY IN ANY MANNER. If you think that any Content infringes your intellectual property rights, click here if you wish to report it, contact us by mail at Attn: Marketing West Shore Cafe and Inn 5160 West Lake Blvd. Homewood, CA 96141, or by email at email@example.com
By accepting a prize, the winner(s) agrees that his or her Content will be deemed a Work Made For Hire under the Copyright laws of the United States, but if it cannot be so deemed, then the winner irrevocably assigns and transfers to Company all of his/her right, title and interest in and to his/her Content, including all but not limited to all copyright and trademark rights which he or she may have, in the United States and worldwide, therein, for consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged. Winner hereby waives in favor of Company, all rights of “Droit Moral” or “Moral Rights of Authors” or any similar rights or principles of law that winner may now or later have to their Content. Company reserves the right to alter, change or modify the winning Content, in its sole discretion. Upon request of Company, winner shall execute and deliver such additional instrument of assignment, as may be solely deemed by Company, reasonably necessary to establish the ownership of record of the right, title and interest in and to the Content and of the copyrights transferred and “Moral Rights of Authors” waived under these Official Rules. Should Company fail to request the said assignment as stated, that shall not be deemed a waiver of Company’s rights and Company may at a later time request the assignment.
7. RELEASES, CONDITIONS, AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees (and agrees to confirm in writing) to release and waive any and all claims of liability against the Released Parties from and against from any and all liability, loss or damage (including personal injury) incurred with respect to the conduct of or participation in the Sweepstakes, or the awarding, shipping/handling, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize, including any travel related thereto. By accepting the prize, winner(s) hereby agrees that: (i) to release the Company, any participating Station, the Sweepstakes Entities, and, when applicable, the Sweepstakes’ sponsor(s), prize provider(s), third party fulfillment service, and each of their respective parent companies and affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, and licensees from any and all claims in connection with the Sweepstakes and the award or use of the prizes; and (ii) where allowed by law, sign a publicity release confirming consent to use the winner’s name/likeness as set forth in Section 5 prior to acceptance of the prize. The Released Parties are not responsible or liable to any entrant or winner or any person claiming through such entrant or winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, volcanic eruption, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond the Sweepstakes Entities’ sole control. Upon awarding the prize, the Company will have no further obligation to winner.
8. TAXES. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes, related fees, other costs or expenses related to prize acceptance and use not specified herein, regardless of whether such prize is used in whole or in part. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Company will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
9. CONDUCT AND DECISIONS. All decisions of the Company will be final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Sweepstakes, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. The Company will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Sweepstakes and the Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If, for any reason, more bona fide winners come forward seeking to claim the Prize, an alternate potential winner may be selected in a random drawing from among all persons making purportedly valid claims for the Prize. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Any reference in these Official Rules or as part of the Sweepstakes to the Company’s and/or Station’s “discretion” and/or any exercise of discretion by the Company or Station shall mean in Company’s and/or Station’s “sole and unfettered discretion.” The Company further reserves the right to: (i) terminate or declare any Sweepstakes null and void and rescind any prize, if in its sole judgment, the rules or the integrity of the Sweepstakes have been violated or compromised in any way, intentionally or unintentionally by any person whether or not a entrant in the Sweepstakes; (ii) alter or amend these Sweepstakes rules at any time; and/or (iii) stop or conclude the Sweepstakes at any time without prior notice. Material changes to the Sweepstakes rules will be broadcast on-air, when practical. The Company’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of this provision. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Company, any segment of the Sweepstakes is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, the Company reserves the right, but not the obligation, to modify, suspend or cancel the Sweepstakes and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
10. BINDING ARBITRATION. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the Company Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in a location determined by the arbitrator as set forth herein (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for claimant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties, in accordance with the procedural rules for commercial disputes set forth in the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS (“JAMS Rules and Procedures”) then prevailing, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall be selected pursuant to the JAMS Rules and Procedures. The arbitrator shall apply California law consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law. In the event that the claimant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Company will pay as much of the claimant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal (other than that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis), or otherwise conflicts with the rules and procedures established by JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, the portion that is deemed invalid, unenforceable or illegal is that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither claimant nor Company shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Upon filing a demand for arbitration, all parties to such arbitration shall have the right of discovery, which discovery shall be completed within sixty days after the demand for arbitration is made, unless further extended by mutual agreement of the parties. THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE ENTRANT’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
11. MISCELLANEOUS. Company reserves the right to determine eligibility should special circumstances arise, all decisions are considered final and binding. These rules are designed to be fair and equal to all entrants. The Company disclaims any responsibility to notify entrants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Sweepstakes. For a copy of the rules, or where required by law, a list of winners, visit the business office of the participating Station during normal business hours or visit the Company’s website. As a condition of participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree (and agree to confirm in writing) that: (a) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain costs, judgments, or awards for, and entrant hereby knowingly and expressly waives all rights to claim or seek punitive, incidental, consequential, special, or any other damages, other than for actual, third-party out-of-pocket expenses, and in such limitation, entrant further waives any rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; (b) any and all disputes, claims, or causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, through binding arbitration as set forth above, without resort to any form of class action; and (c) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred (if any), excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability, so the above may not apply to every entrant. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of these Official Rules. Winning a prize is contingent upon entrant’s fulfillment of all requirements set forth herein.
12. COMPLIANCE WITH LAW AND GOVERNING LAW. The conduct of the Sweepstakes, and its Terms and Official Rules, are governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. The Company and participating Station(s) shall follow the applicable laws for conducting Sweepstakes, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about the Sweepstakes, etc. as required by applicable local and state law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Sweepstakes Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Company in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Section 10 of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award.