Calling all mojito aficionados - Lake Tahoe’s West Shore Café & Inn kicked off summer 2012 with the Moonlight Mojito Cocktail Contest. We solicited mojito recipes from everybody who had a must-try mojito recipe that’s perfect for sipping on warm summer days, and received a great response.
The top 10 recipe submissions were then made, tasted, sipped and scrutinized by contest-judging guests on Saturday, June 9, with guests casting votes for their favorite recipe. The winning recipe (below) now has the distinction of being called the Moonlight Mojito - signature summer cocktail at the West Shore Café & Inn.
The NEW Moonlight Mojito recipe, courtesy of Eric Larusson of Truckee, California:
- 5 thin slices of Serrano chili (add/subtract to taste)
- 6 Concord grapes
- 8 mint leaves
- 2 wedges of lime
- 1.75 oz. Don Q silver rum
- .5 oz. simple syrup
- Soda water
- Muddle the mint, grapes, Serrano chili slices and limes
- Add ice to fill glass
- Add rum and simple syrup
- Shake vigorously
- Top off with half soda and half Sprite
- Garnish with skewered lime and grape